- Southwold Camping and Caravan Site’s rules must be observed at all times.
- Waveney District Council accepts no liability, contractual or otherwise, for any injury to persons, or damage or loss of property. Vehicles, motor homes and tents, together with their contents and accessories are left at your own risk.
- Booking tags must be displayed on the front of the tent, caravan or motor home at all times.
- The hirer shall be responsible for and make good any damage caused to the pitch or surrounding facilities during his/her occupation. Please advise site staff of any damage as soon as possible during your holiday. Failure to repair or make good any damage will incur additional charges.
- Facilities and amenities may be altered or withdrawn if circumstances beyond our control necessitate this.
- The hirer shall take all necessary precautions against fire and in particular to ensure that no petrol or other flammable substances/combustible materials (particularly wood, logs etc) are brought onto the site and used in a manner that causes risk of fire.
- In order to adhere to fire safety regulations there must be a minimum gap of 4 metres between each item of living accommodation (tent, caravan or motor home). Please pitch your tent, caravan or motor home in accordance with the individual pitching plan/guidance for your respective pitch(s). In the event that your tent, caravan or motor home is too large to achieve the minimum distance you may be required to move to an alternative pitch or hire an additional pitch. The pitching area for all standard pitches is 4 metres wide x 8 metres long.
- Camp fires are not allowed under any circumstances. Barbecues using barbecue charcoal or briquettes are permitted but must be supervised at all times, disposable barbecues must be raised off the grass (paving slabs are available at the bin bays – please help yourself and return them after use). Management reserve the right to, at any point, extinguish and remove a barbecue that we deem to be unsafe or that is being misused.
- The use of Fireworks or Chinese Lanterns presents a substantial risk to people staying under canvas and to the grassed fields around the site therefore their use is prohibited at all times.
- There must only be one tent, caravan or motor home per pitch.
- Due to the restricted amount of parking space available within the site, only one car may be parked upon each pitch. Where this is not possible another pitch must be hired for parking of additional vehicles. Alternatively the vehicle must be parked off site.
- No tent, caravan or motor home shall be occupied by a greater number of persons that it is designed to accommodate. (Occupied means persons sleeping in the tent, caravan or motor home).
- The number of people per pitch must not exceed the number stated when the booking was made, or such other agreement made upon arrival.
- “Pup” tents, awnings and gazebo’s must only be used for storage and general day usage, and under no circumstances for sleeping.
- All users should not behave in a manner that causes nuisance, annoyance or offence to occupiers of other pitches or to persons in the immediate neighbourhood.
- No trade or business shall be carried out on, in or from any pitch and no signs or advertisements of any sort shall be exhibited.
- The use of generators is restricted for special circumstances. The Council reserves the right to prohibit the use of a generator (and require its removal from the site), if the Site Manager considers the generator to be unsafe or a potential/actual source of nuisance to other occupants on the site. Where generators are permitted they must not be used between 9.00pm and 10.00am.
- All hirers must report to reception on arrival. Arrival times are between the hours of 2.00pm and 5.00pm to commence on the date that you have booked.
- If you are unable to arrive during the stated time of arrival, please contact the site staff as soon as possible. If you don’t tell us and your pitch is not occupied by 8.00am on the day after your scheduled arrival we may treat your booking as cancelled and re-let the pitch.
- All users of the site must be aged 18 or over unless accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 24 years. Proof of age will be required. Individual circumstances will be considered at the discretion of the Site Manager.
- All hirer’s are expected to keep the pitch clean and tidy at all times during the specified period of stay.
- Each pitch must be left in a clean and tidy condition upon vacation.
- All pitches must be vacated no later than 11.00 am on the day of departure.
- Should you fail to vacate your pitch and remove your tent, caravan or motor home by 11.00am on the day of departure, we reserve the right to take necessary action to remove your tent, caravan or motor home and any costs incurred will be forward to you.
- If circumstances dictate that you are unable to remove your tent, caravan or motor home by 11.00am please inform site staff as soon as possible. We will consider alternative arrangements to assist you in its removal, however any additional costs that may be incurred will be forward onto you.
- Dogs are allowed on the site but must be kept on a lead and under proper control at all times. Any dog mess must be cleared up immediately. Some breeds of dog including those listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 are not allowed. You must give details when you book to obtain our agreement.
- Vehicles must not exceed 5mph on the site complex.
- Between the hours of 9.00pm and 10.00 am noise must be kept to a minimum.
- If hirer’s fail or refuse to observe or comply with these conditions, he/she will be ordered to remove his/her tent, caravan or motor home forthwith from the site. No refunds of monies will be paid.
- Waveney District Council reserves the right to refuse admission to the site or cancel your booking at any time without prior notice.
- Where specific pitches/special requests are asked for, we will do our utmost to fulfil your request. However these requests cannot always be guaranteed and we reserve the right to allocate an alternative pitch, without notice, at our discretion.
- No refunds will be offered if bookings are cancelled within 6 weeks of your holiday start date. We strongly recommend you consider taking out appropriate insurance. If you do have to cancel your holiday please notify us in writing as soon as possible.
- No refunds will be paid if you chose to depart prior to your pre-booked date of departure.
Booking Conditions 2017/18
- The applicants listed on the booking form undertake not to do on their own part, or permit to be done by persons under their control, anything which may in the opinion of the management at the site be or become a nuisance or annoyance or which shall in any way interfere with the quiet or general comfort of other guests on the site.
- The management reserve the right to decline a pitch and to close the site at any time should exceptional weather conditions make it necessary. In such cases Waveney District Council (WDC) shall not be liable for any sum in excess of the booking fee for the remaining nights.
- The current Camping and Touring Park Terms and Conditions will apply, or as superseded by any amendments for the coming season.
- All sites not claimed within 24 hours of the booking date will be re-let unless prior notification of late arrival is received.
- No refunds whatsoever for persons leaving prior to booked departure date. Holiday insurance is recommended to cover this eventuality.
- During peak season a minimum advance booking of 3 days duration is required.
- Any remaining vacant pitches will be allocated on a first arrival basis.
- For bookings of three days or less the full amount is payable in advance.
- Bookings for more than three days will require a minimum deposit of 30% of the total booking price.
- Balance payable 28 days prior to arrival date – please enclose SAE for receipt if required. Please note that we do not send out reminders.
Refund of Deposit
- Deposit will not be refunded in case of cancellation.
- For bookings of three days or less a refund of £5.00p per night will be paid providing cancellation is at least 28 days prior to arrival.
- For cancellation within 28 days of arrival no refund will be paid.
Amendment to Booking
- Where a booking is moved to an alternative date an administration fee of £10.00p will be payable.
- Additional nights or pitches added to an existing booking will not be subject to the administration charge.
- Where a stay is reduced within 60 days of the start date the management may apply a cancellation fee equivalent to the deposit paid (30%) per night of the reduced period..
Bookings are subject to availability at the time of receiving deposit. Cheques payable to Waveney District Council.
Enclose SAE for confirmation. Please read Camping and Touring Park Terms and Conditions.